Re: Club name and image

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Club name and image
From: RC1NUKE@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:27:38 EST
I guess in retrospect I'm partial to the airplane association because I've
always loved the W.W.II fighters. However if it offends someone I don't need
to make a fight about it.
There are plenty of people out there that recognize the Spitfire car without
knowing there was a Spitfire airplane. Also consider the Corvette, I haven't
found many Corvette car owners that associate the name with the type of
warship that was designed to hunt/kill submarine chasers and led to the
another class of ships, the Corvette destroyer now just called a "Destroyer."