Re: Looking for a lonely 300 head

To: JJJ <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for a lonely 300 head
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 08:00:29 -0800
Cc: junkman923@earthlink.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
JJ,

I think you are avoiding the simple solution.  CC the head.  Grind all
the corrosion out of the one cc that is bad and then match all the other
to it.  This will give you smooth and balance combustion chambers.  You
can then mill the head to correct for any change in compression ratio.
A little laboe intensive but probably cheaper than buying a new head.
Maybe even faster.

I didn't have a corrosion problem but I CC 'd my heads before they ever
went on the engine.  I wanted a balanced engine.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom