Re: some observations

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: some observations
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 13:38:25 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
That is always how I felt about the Carter,  I think what it comes down to
is too large a carb will act like an on off switch, and while it makes great
power, it doesn't do much else well.  It always took a high idle to keep it
running, and that naturally increased fuel consumption a lot.  I knew going
in that it was too much carb, but I had the thing on hand so I used it.  At
some point I will probably ebay it and either buy a smaller 4bbl or keep
running the 2bbl until I get to do fuel injection.

I love carbs and have no issues with tuning them, but since the V8 is my
daily driver and will remain that way for years to come, I would love to
have the worry free feelings FI gives.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8