Re: Alternator wiring revisited

To: Paul <9laser3@bright.net>, Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Alternator wiring revisited
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:33:51 -0700 (PDT)
Mine is 60amps and it certainly drew more than 30 amps, enough to blow
the fuse.  I've seen two charts and spoke to one auto electric person
that lead me to believe 12 gauge MAY be enough but 8 gauge is
recommended.  I'm going to my local NAPA auto parts store before they
close to get an appropriate cable.