RE: Alternator wiring revisited

To: Brian Hollands <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Subject: RE: Alternator wiring revisited
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 19:11:19 -0500 (CDT)
The current will bypass the ammeter and most of it will go directly to the
battery.  The ammeter will show a slight movement, but not much.

As for ta higher rated ammeter, if you have a 67.5, you are in luck.
The 67.5 uses 2 gauges in one and the ammeter part of the fuel/ammeter
can be replaced with the ammeter out of 280Z's, which, depending on
year, have 45 or 60A ratings.  For those that want to run their
ammeter directly to the battery, use a volt meter out of a later
280Z or 300Zx, it will also fit.

One word on using a higher rated ammeter.  When you upgrade the ammeter,
be sure to upgrade the wire from the alternator to the ammeter, as well as
from the ammeter to tha battery.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner