Re: Alternator wiring revisited

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>, <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Alternator wiring revisited
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 18:48:25 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
To: ambradley@yahoo.com <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Is 12 guage wire going to be enough?? I think I have 0  gauge wire in my
100amp alt. installation
> Daniel 69 2000

Dainel and everybody,

  I have done 2 local roadsters (one 45 & one 65 amp alternators) and used
just a 12 gauge wire, and I have helped a few others on the list with their
conversions.  I hate to think I could be leading some one the wrong
direction by not recommending a large enough wire.  I have a few thousand
miles on my conversion with no problems but I run a 45 amp alt with only
driving lights extra to power.
  So, am I okay?  Is 0 gauge wire really necessary?  BTW both conversions I
have done were with the alternator mounted on the passenger side of the
block so the wire to the battery post is short.  Does that make a
difference?  What about a trunk mounted battery?

TIA,
Paul
OROC