Re: Re[9]: Carroll Smith's Books

To: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Subject: Re: Re[9]: Carroll Smith's Books
From: Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 17:49:34 +0200 (MET DST)
> Oops.  I just got your question.  Performance tires, and especially the
> ones with the softer compounds, have an optimum operating temporature,
> usually higher than ambient since competition motoring would put them at
> a higher temperature anyway.  Outside that range (up or down), they don't
> grip as well.

Yes, thats why the formula one and Indy car teams put their tires in
heating carpets, to ensure that the tires are warm when they put them on
the car.
But can you understand why the PO of our elan, put racing tires on the
elan, when the car was mostly driven on public roads?

Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>