Re: Re[4]: Carroll Smith's Books

To: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Subject: Re: Re[4]: Carroll Smith's Books
From: Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 18:51:21 +0200 (MET DST)
> You'll appreciate the Smith collection.  The other one was mentioned because
>it
> involves spending less money and will still tell you quite a bit.  Really,
>you
> should have both.
:)

>  No actually (see my comments re bump steer in another post), although most
>  roads here are not bad, they are not up to handling real stiff suspensions
>  (better in warm areas like LA where I am/worse in cold areas like New
>  England where I'm from originally) conveniently.
>
>  I would recommend that you do just what you're doing (especially since
>  your roads seem to be worse still in Norway) in softening your springs,
>  shocks and anti-sway bars.

I can tell you that we have now set the Konis on the softest setting, and
are using standard springs at front. My father tells me that it is better
(havent driven the elan myself for quite a while now), but it is still
pretty stiff(you cant't bounce the car much at the front), is it supposed
to be that way?
The front suspension has benn modified by PO with nylon
bushings and other "racing" parts(Most of the rubber parts has been
removed and uprated I think).

Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>

BTW: Do any of you have any experience of using Yokohama tires on your
elans? My father has just ordered Yokohama tires for our elan.