Re[9]: Carroll Smith's Books

To: Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>, rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Subject: Re[9]: Carroll Smith's Books
From: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Thu, 28 May 98 18:19:26 PST

     Tor,

>I think that was the same type of tires the PO used for the road,but with
>almost no tread left when we bought the car. I can't
>see the reason, they give no grip until they are warm,and according to
>you they do not even get warm on the track :-/

Oops.  I just got your question.  Performance tires, and especially the
ones with the softer compounds, have an optimum operating temporature,
usually higher than ambient since competition motoring would put them at
a higher temperature anyway.  Outside that range (up or down), they don't
grip as well.

Rod