Re: Numbers

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Numbers
From: "Bradley H. Lamont" <lamont@mailhost.org>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 14:46:37 -0500
Folks -

Jeez, this is a dumb discussion.  When I started autocrossing, I was told

"Your numbers are there to be visible to course workers.  They are not
there to make a fashion statement".

I don't care how easy you think your numbers are to read.  You don't
count.  You don't have to read them, other people do.  The numbers on your
car are not for your benefit, they are for the benefit of others.

It's not like it's hard to make your numbers legible.  The only reason
people don't want to use a simple, high-contrast font and color is to look
cool or different.  Well, don't do it with your numbers.  Decorate the rest
of your car with whatever you want, but make sure the numbers meet the
requirements.

Or be DSQ'd.

The rulebook should require meatballs for all cars.  This removes any
chance that the numbers won't be visible.

Sheesh!
Brad