Re: Numbers

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Numbers
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 11:40:45 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles" <golden1@britsys.net>

> Our local club has enforced the current SCCA min marking standards, with
> discressionary spirit of the rule exemptions starting with the 2002
season.

To me, this is the way it should be.  Let's not penalize those who have put
a lot of effort into highly visable numbers that are technically not to the
exact letter of the law.  What we are after is the very few who don't
understand what contrast means or make numbers with magic markers that
produce a 1/4" stroke.  Our region provides visitors to our events with
pre-printed numbers and tape but you still will get the clueless who tape
them to the inside of tinted windows!  I don't see why it is a big deal for
tech to include number visability in their inspection.  If it's a big deal
at National level events, you could always require a picture to be included
with your application if your numbers are a bit non-standard.  That would
probably eliminate most except the dedicated few creative types with
non-standard but highly visable numbers.

Rick Brown
F125 (black numbers on white number plate)
D Sports Racer (yellow-white-red fade numbers with large black outline on
bright blue car)