Re: Numbers

To: "Charles" <golden1@britsys.net>,
Subject: Re: Numbers
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 16:16:37 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles" <golden1@britsys.net>
To: "Graeme Weston-Lewis" <gweston@lsil.com>; "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 12:38 PM

> The multicolor is the border stripe which fades from yellow to orange to
> provide extra contrast. The body of the markings are solid white.

The good news here is that Chuck's numbers, by this design and description,
are legal by the old rule and legal by the proposed new one.

So let's all quit giving Chuck grief over *his* numbers (that we've mostly
read descriptions of but not seen).

OTOH, lets not cut him any slack for "intent of the rule" either. :-)

Yes, as someone else just mentioned, the purpose of numbers is not to make a
fashion statement. It is to make your car identifiable to a group of people
who don't look at it every day, who may in fact see it only for a few
seconds at a critical moment, but who have to score it properly.

Then again, numbers CAN reflect creativity, as long as that creativity meets
the letter of the rule. I like to think I put a little creativity into mine,
but they more than meet the parameters of stroke, monocolor, contrast, etc.
Kinda looks like Chuck did too.

--Rocky