Re: BSM/SM2

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BSM/SM2
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 17:51:46 -0700
> Katie K. writes: (paraphrasing DG)

<snip>

> But in the context of a national competition which is likely to attract
> those of a more "serious" persuasion, perhaps those with more money might
be
> tempted to run in such a class, and since the rules are unlimited, they'd
be
> able to spend whatever it takes to build the dominating car.

It seems to me that is kinda how it is in any class at national level.  I
suspect that most,
if not all, of the winning cars are prepared to the max the rules allow
(read $$$).  Being
a low/no budget racer myself, I'm not complaining, I accept that as part of
the game.
If you want to win at Nationals, you will most likely have to spend some
money,
amounts depending on the class - AM obviously being more expensive to win
than HS.

>Those without are left in the dust. With rules, there is some control over
what can be
> done to a car, making the class more accessable to all.

I wonder if we all had unlimited money, what classes would be the most
populated?

Rick Brown
FP 240Z