Re: BSM/SM2

To: mikelowe@pop.pointecom.net
Subject: Re: BSM/SM2
From: jon e prevo <tcbracer@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:26:50 -0500
Hi, everybody!

I am definitely interested in seeing the developement of this class.  I
have been thinking of what kind of car I want to commute to my new job
and have come up with several criteria.  1) It has to be fast. 2) I like
small, 2-seat sports cars 3) I am never happy keeping any car stock for
long.  4) I really like the early Z cars and I have some experience with
them  and 5) it must be cheap.  If there were an SM2 class, that would
give me perfect motivation to buy a good 240Z which I could tinker with,
and a definite direction for my modifications.  Not that I have any
intention of leaving the FP thing behind, I just happen to be one of
those guys who _like_ having a set of rules to go by, rather than jsut
start building a car with no particular goal in mind.  That is why OSP
would never appeal to me as a serious class.  Give me SM2, let me put a
280ZX turbo motor in my street Datsun, with a "street machine" suspension
and some cool aero mods, and I am definitely interested!

One request, though...let 2000 lb cars run 8" wheels.  Most of the street
Datsun guys run 16x8 wheels under stock bodywork, and that seems to be a
very effective width for performance (the early Zs weigh 2200-2400 lb).

If you build it, they will come.
Jon FP 73
TCB Racing Datsun 260Z
TLS #73