Re: BSM/SM2

To: dave@wcsllc.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BSM/SM2
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 22:34:59 EDT
In a message dated 9/21/2000 6:43:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dave@wcsllc.net writes:

<<  My point is that from a purely dollar standpoint, it is MUCH cheaper to
 run/build a prepared car versus a stock car.  >>

I went through the same debate before embarking on my CP project.  I was
looking at F/S, E/SP, or C/P.  I decided that F/Stock was not as stable, and
I could have the investment in the car and be upside down in 1-3 years.

My feeling about E/SP (and some will argue this) is that you have to start
with a 4th gen F Body (or the even more expensive M3) and that I'd be into
the car at least $30-35K for the F-body.

With C/P, I'm spending more time taking stuff out, and most of the mods are
basic small block Chevy stuff (read: cheap!)  I figure I'll be in it $20K or
so, and I can drive my new Chevy truck for at least 10 years to amortize the
cost.  OTOH, I'd have been driving my F/S car all year, instead of catching
rides...

CHD