Re: Shock access - am I stupid?

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Subject: Re: Shock access - am I stupid?
From: "Kevin Stevens" <kevin_stevens@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 16:11:14 PDT
The former.

You can't go drilling holes and manufacturing bits to tweak your car in
Stock class.  I'm sorry, it's wrong.  Can you drill holes in your firewall
to make your front swaybar adjustable between runs?  It's sure more
convenient that way.  Can you drill holes in your hood to make it easier to
spray down the radiator between runs?  Why not?

It doesn't make any difference if you stuff the holes with speakers, fuzzy
dice, or red herring.  You're modifying the car to give yourself a
competitive advantage during autocross competition.  What happened to the
"modifications may serve no other purpose" clause?

If you want to mount speakers on top of your shock towers, go right ahead.
If you use those holes to adjust your shocks during an event, they aren't
speaker holes, they're shock adjustment access ports and you're cheating.

KeS