Re: Shock access - am I stupid?

To: <Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com>,
Subject: Re: Shock access - am I stupid?
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 15:23:25 -0500
Andy wrote:

> What is the majority opinion:  is the drilling as a fundimental
act the problem
> or the "weight removal" of holes and the like.

Strictly speaking, modifying your car to facilitate shock
adjustability is not allowed in the rules. Practically speaking,
I don't care. I suspect you'll find that most competitors don't
care about things like this. But it only takes one who _does_
care to file a protest. If I were on a PC considering an item
such as this, I'd conclude two things: 1. It's not allowed by the
rules, and 2. It's immaterial, ergo no penalty is required. But
that's just one person's viewpoint.

> If I could drill some sort of beveled hole in which I could
securely fasten my
> interior trim (cap, panel, whatever) back on in it's original
spot, would anyone
> consider that illegal?

Illegal, yes. Of consequence, no. I honestly believe the second
part to be at least as important as the first.

Jay