Re: Course design/speed limits

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Course design/speed limits
From: Andy Poling <andy@globalauctions.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 11:05:13 -0500 (EST)
Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com> sez:
> I'm torn between wanting all autocrossers to have an equal footing, and
> preserving the freedom to use a great site to its full potential.

I remember watching a video at the '97 Nationals BFG Talent Show showing
folks at some site in California dancing their cars through some
bazillion-cone slaloms.

As I watched it, I realized why I was getting crushed in the slalom
sections: we hardly ever see more than 3 or 4 cones in a slalom at our local
events... some other folks just had alot more practice at it than me.

Regional variations in lot availability, course design conventions and
supplemental rules make it impossible to aim for any kind of universal
parity.

But that's OK, because it's one of the things that makes national level
competition kewl - the varied background of the competitors.

-Andy

72 Pantera - Rocky             91 Miata - Steve                 96 A4Q - Rudolf
80 928 - Phantom               97 Miata - Nadia                84 RZ350 - Sting