Re: Course design/speed limits

To: "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Course design/speed limits
From: "Wally Strzelec" <Wally@Tamu.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:01:15 -0600
I enjoy the faster courses, I think that most people do.  The problem that I
really have is that as a Divisional Steward, I try to harp on the divisional
course designers to keep the speeds in line with the SIIR.  It gets harder
and harder to  do this when divisional event chairs, course designers or
myself go to a NT and the courses are faster then what I comprehend the SIIR
book to suggest.  When these events are put on and approved by the National
Office, it appears that the National Office endorses these faster courses.

I also understand that some people will believe that they are going 75MPH
when in fact they were actually going 50MPH.  Roger (Houston) Johnson will
tell you that he tries very hard at giving you that exact illusion in his
courses.

I have no first hand knowledge of the SD course, only experience with other
NT events and events that I have heard about over the last few years.

-Wally