Re: ECLIPSE REACTION

To: BRUBEL51@aol.com
Subject: Re: ECLIPSE REACTION
From: Mtnman3620@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 21:01:08 EST
In a message dated 3/10/99 8:52:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, BRUBEL51@aol.com
writes:

<< As a GS competitor it has become clearly apparent that the Eclipse is not a
GS
 car, a look at the results from Meridian and Fort Myers states that this car
 is at best a CS and at least a DS... The Eclipse/Talon AWD Turbo even at its
 current undeveloped stage is far superior to the MX6, V6 Camaro, Probe and
 Type R including the Audi A6,  why the SEB has not addressed this car during
 the time between the Nationals of 98 and the First Tour event must deal with
 the contingency politics. Apparently membership has to suffer for sponsor.. I
 am going to write the SEB I would appreciate comments  >>

I honestly do not think that the eclipse is any more of an overdog than the
Type R is.  I do not think that just because good drivers get in good cars we
should look at changing them.  Like Bob Endicott in a Type R or Joe Goeke in
an Eclipse.  The MX-6/Probe is just aging.

The DS times in Meridian were still below the winning times in GS.  So we
should go there and be an overdog to them?  I don't think that's the answer.
Why is this any different from when the Camaro or the MX-6/Probes were taking
over GS??

Daniel Ledford
99 Mitsu Eclipse GSX