Re: ECLIPSE REACTION

To: "autocross list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ECLIPSE REACTION
From: "Mike Smith" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 22:12:06 -0500
Kinda funny really. Every autocross article I've ever read (until last year)
pounded the Eclipse/Talon/Laser Turbo AWD for being too heavy, having too
much lag, not having enough tire, and generally handling badly. Most went to
say that the FWD version would be faster, but still not competetive.

And just think, they've been around since '91 and the current generation has
been here since '95. You'd think SOMEONE would've exposed this apparent flaw
in classing by now. (insert sarcasm here)....

Ya ever think that maybe it's competetive now because there are better
drivers in them now?

Mike Smith

>As a GS competitor it has become clearly apparent that the Eclipse is not a
GS