Re: ECLIPSE REACTION

To: BRUBEL51@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ECLIPSE REACTION
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 01:12:46 EST
Bruce Bellom writes:

<< As a GS competitor it has become clearly apparent that the Eclipse is not a
GS
 car, a look at the results from Meridian and Fort Myers states that this car
 is at best a CS and at least a DS... The Eclipse/Talon AWD Turbo even at its
 current undeveloped stage is far superior to the MX6, V6 Camaro, Probe and
 Type R including the Audi A6,  >>

Well, Bruce, you've advanced the art of car classification by over 10 years!
No longer do we need the SEB and SCAC to keep careful watch over numerous
events and judge whether the cars are well driven and prepared, or whether any
particular set of variables skewed the results of one or two events.  We'll
just take the winners and re-class them all on the spot, okay?

<<  why the SEB has not addressed this car during
 the time between the Nationals of 98 and the First Tour event must deal with
 the contingency politics. Apparently membership has to suffer for sponsor.. I
 am going to write the SEB I would appreciate comments  >>

No, it has to do with 8 different cars in the 13 Nationals trophy positions,
different brands of cars leading on both days, and the archaic thought that
winning over 2 days by 0.4 seconds isn't exactly a killing.  It has to do with
not making knee-jerk reactions at the end of the year, and has nothing to do
with politics, contingencies or sponsorship.  To whine that the SEB and SCAC
use those reasons to class cars is to insult people who work very hard, care
deeply about the sport, and actually pay their own expenses to do the job.

Comments on writing your letter to the SEB/SCAC:  Stick to the facts, make
valid comparisons of features of the cars that make one car "conceptually"
better than the one tow which you are comparing it and use relevant results
comparing equally prepared and driven cars when comparing one car to another.
Write your letter early to let them have the longest possible time to study
the situation.  Suggest the class to which the car should be moved and why.
Make sure that it fits conceptually into that class.  I don't personally think
that a 200 HP car belongs in either C or B/Stock, for instance, but that's
just me...

Charlie Davis
(SCAC '86-97)