Re: Which Tire? Let's Share Experiences

To: Peter Wong <rudeboy@nwnexus.com>
Subject: Re: Which Tire? Let's Share Experiences
From: Bret Dodson <bret@serv.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:29:49 -0800 (PST)
Gosh Pete, which cars are you talking about?  ;^)

One of those monsters I'm certain would eat tires (at least the rear ones)
quicker than it eats gas.  (Got Torque?)

I was shoced a the performance of the stock tires on the '99 Miata.  They
are Pilot SX somethingorothers.  I was cod-riving with a buddy of mine who
has a '99.  We were slogging my '96 R around at a practice on a set of old
Kumhos and at the end of the event he went oout for a fun run on the
Pilots.  He turned a timewithin a few tenths of our Kumho times!  This was
with his street pressues on his first run.

Disclaimer:  He's a fast guy, we were on the Kent lot which was pretty
gravelly that day, um... I'm slow and he's not?

FWIW, they strike me as awesome tires.  Makes me consider going back to
Street Tire.

Bret "I was the Street Tire shoe, now I'm a PAX also ran" Dodson
'96 Miata R
Seattle WA