Re: Which Tire? Let's Share Experiences

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Which Tire? Let's Share Experiences
From: Alan Pozner <apozner@epix.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 22:42:09 -0500
I have SX-GTs on a front drive Audi A-4. Ran 4 events last year with
significant wear. They absolutely suck in the snow ( so bad that I
prefer driving in my other car with 205/40-16 Nitto 450s ) They are
mediocre in the rain (about the same as my old Pirelli 600s ).

Turn in is not noticeably better then the cheap Conti Touring Contacts
that came with the car. They do not howl very much near the limit and
the limit is relatively high for a street tire. But they don't telegraph
their adhesion limits well.

I estimate life expectancy at 25k miles. Can't wait to get rid of 'em.
Not worth the price.