Re: TR250 & Late TR6 Frame Differences

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>, Richard Seaton <rsh17@msn.com>
Subject: Re: TR250 & Late TR6 Frame Differences
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:50:31 -0800 (PST)
Don,

I can comment on the off the shelf bracket.  I bought
it from Rimmer & Quantum supplies the same one.

While it provided plenty of support & probably
wouldn't break, I wasn't a big fan of the fit of the
overdrive.  It sat about 1/8" off the bracket AND I
had to cut more material out of it to clear the
solenoid.  I later sold it to Mark Pruitt.  He seems
to be pretty happy with it...once he figured out how
it all went together:))

I will say this.  If you can come up with a bracket to
install on the existing mounts, you can use the
Spitfire o/d rear mount.  It's the same as the off the
shelf solution.  I suspect getting a bracket made
might be pricey??

Todd Bermudez

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo