RE: TR250 & Late TR6 Frame Differences

To: Gene Hart <genehart@att.net>
Subject: RE: TR250 & Late TR6 Frame Differences
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:22:07 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Gene Hart wrote:

> Jerry,
>
> The gussets around the front suspension mounts were reinforced, and just
> about all the major lacking areas of the integrity of the chassis were
> fixed by this year. From what I understand, mounting points never
> changed. I have a '74 chassis on my '73 body, and did not notice any
> difference. But the rear diff mounts still need to be boxed.

The gussets were def. on any CF chassis - which start at CF1. Therefore
there is NO difference between the '73 frame and the '74 frame.

I'm not 100% sure, but the gussets might have made an appearance after
CC75000, which would be the '72 model year.

I agree with the diff mount boxing as being REQUIRED.

> Gene,

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |