RE: Air Flow, + No doze

To: "'tr6taylor@webtv.net'" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>,
Subject: RE: Air Flow, + No doze
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:15:48 -0500
Dick/Shane:

Thanks for the information. I am another guy who would like the look of the
triple ZS. I read the catalogue from Goodparts and he seems to make it clear
that he believes that the result is a considerable improvement in
performance without an increase in consumption (except when being pushed of
course). I have two sets of ZS carbs (one on the car already of course) and
thought that this would be a fun upgrade using factory original parts.
Should I be planning on rejetting the carbs or what? I like the look, but
don't want to ruin the cars performance. I recall having put K&N air filters
instead of the standard air box on a 2-stroke motorcyle. I never figured out
why the bike acted so weird until much misery had been endured.

My TR6 is a street machine. Recently rebuilt engine with a slightly warmed
cam and electronic igition and headers to the Falcon sports twin exhaust,
but standard pistons etc. If this mod will only work with my foot flat on
the floor, then it's no good to me at all.

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6