Re: Air Flow, + No doze

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>,
Subject: Re: Air Flow, + No doze
From: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:52:18 -0500
Mark,

If your engine was stock, I would have strongly encouraged you to stay away
from the triples, but given that you have done some work to the engine with
the cam, then you should be able to get the triple ZS' to work. To be
honest, I do not think that you will notice any seat-of-the-pants
improvement until you put your foot in it and then only in the upper rpm
range, and then it will be pretty subtle.  I would strongly encourage you to
spend a couple of hours on the dyno getting the triples set up (balanced and
jetted correctly).  Actually, I would suggest that you do this if you stick
with the doubles.  Most people can expect several to 10 extra ponies just by
having their ignition and mixture settings set right!

But if you like the look of them, then go for it.  The triples should not
overwhelm your mild motor, so you should be able to get away without any
degradation of performance.

Cheers,

Shane