RE: Air Flow, + No doze

To: "'Mark Hooper'" <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>, <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: Air Flow, + No doze
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 05:38:29 -0500
You paint a pretty funny picture, Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-6pack@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-6pack@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Mark Hooper
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 4:39 PM
To: 'tr6taylor@webtv.net'; Mark Hooper
Cc: madmax_xx@hotmail.com; 6pack@autox.team.net

Dick:

Since it is winter here in the Frozen North the testing method you are
proposing could be modified to the following:

Find frozen lake (right in front of house in my case). Drive car onto
lake
and find large tree, rock or wall right at shoreline. Place car with
nose
against rock/tree/wall and rear pointing towards water(ice). Open bonnet
for
inspection purposes. Start engine and place in gear. Place brick on
accelerator pedal and let engine rev to 5000 rpm in 4th. Pull on
emergency
brake and watch engine slow down. Find larger brick. Get out of car and
walk
around to right side. Stand beside car with its nose pressed against
rock/tree/wall and rear wheels turning at 5000/3.71 rpm (100+mph at
periphery). Ignoring leaping machine with smoke pouring from rear
brakes,
stick head in engine compartment and stare intently at rear of
carburetors
to see if pistons are elevated.

Hmmmm....

Although the above is technically feasible, I am not entirely sure that
my
best interests are served by trying it out. My beneficiaries' interests
perhaps, but not mine. I am going to work on another method, perhaps
something involving mirrors or a webcam connected to my laptop in the
car
while I drive on the road. ;^)

Cheers,

Mark