Re: Valve replacement for a newbie?

To: John <jhardt@columbus.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Valve replacement for a newbie?
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 05:31:36 -0700 (PDT)
John

Have use the compressed air to pop the cylinder
head off. The way I did it was to attach a piece
of pipe with the correct threads in the spark
plug hole. The pipe had a connector with a quick
release adaptor on it. Then turned on the
compressor so that it slowly built pressure in
the cylinder. You will know when it pops because
of the release of air under the head gasket. I
suggest doing this to numbers 1 and 6 or 2 and 4
for best results.

Dale

http://health.yahoo.com