zmagnette

Re: [Zmagnette] Engine Clatter & pressure drop <zmagnette@autox.team.net

To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America <zmagnette@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Engine Clatter & pressure drop <zmagnette@autox.team.net> <zmagnette.autox.team.net>
From: Richard Greenberg <greenberg@lpl.arizona.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:36:54 -0700
Still plenty of oil.  After I stopped, I restarted the engine to drive it
slowly a few hundred feet to a safe spot off the highway.  The engine has never
been rebuilt to my knowledge, but who knows its history? I have owned it about
15 years. It has always run fine, although not super peppy.

If it proves to be a bearing, does one just fix the offending bearing, or is it
a sign that everything is about to need redoing?

I haven't had time to look at the rockers or the bearings.

--Rick