Re: [Shotimes] Diagnosis of 92 SHO

To: clubairth@bellsouth.net, Maury Alston <freeze_0387@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Diagnosis of 92 SHO
From: Ian Fisher <dataflash@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:52:46 -0700 (PDT)
Just to add: This advice might seem daunting. Think
baby steps though. If you really want to keep the car,
find someone from the list in the area who is
knowledgeable and seek their guidance and help. That's
what I did.

When I joined this list in 1999 I didn't know how to
remove a wheel by myself. I met a lot of great people
(some who I consider my closest friends now) and we
helped eachother out. In January of this year I
finished installing an engine that I built. A lot of
us have come a long way with the help and support of
this group.

The SHO does have high maintenance periods that can be
a heartache and a financial strain. This can be a
crossroads for many. If I had known this when I bought
my first SHO I never would've gotten into them.
However, I don't regret SHO ownership because of what
I have learned and the friendships that I've formed
over the years. For me, it's not even about the car
anymore; it's this community.

Ian