[Shotimes] E-Brake cable routing question

To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] E-Brake cable routing question
From: jfkoper1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:17:55 -0400
Any guidelines for routing the back e-brake cables? The Helms diagrams are not
super clear, and I think the previous set were not optimally routed, causing
premature 'stuck caliper.' I'd release the e-brake and the pivot mechanism on
the calipers would not move at all. This time I am trying a 'looser' routing so
the cable bend is not too severe when going in to the caliper hole. However,
this has my passenger side rear hanging down 6" below the rear control arm. Is
that normal/acceptable?

Should the left rear cable be routed above the rear tension strut, above the
rear control arm, and just outside of the rear (Tokico) strut to the caliper,
or should I route it above the rear tension strut, under the rear contol arm
(which avoids the Tokico entirely) and into the caliper hole?  Any diagrams may
be helpful. I want these cables to last longer than the last set!

Finally, do I need to actuate the new assembly (to adjust/seat the piston)
before I bleed the brakes, or can I bleed the brakes without a working e-brake?

Jim Koper