Re: [Shotimes] Diagnosis of 92 SHO

To: <greensho@crown.net>, "Maury Alston" <freeze_0387@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Diagnosis of 92 SHO
From: "Leigh Smith" <leighsm@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:32:12 -0400
Ditto;
First:Plan on working on it yourself. Too few people out there know as much
about these SHO's as this list.
Second: Thank the dealer and bring it home.
Not crank sensor. Period. They either work fine, or it dies completely. No
in-between, although it can be sporadic. Like runs fine one second /  dead
the next.
Most likely culprits: oil in plug wells, shot plugs, wrong plugs, bad wires,
crossed wires or bad fuel pump.
Start with the easiest / most obvious to check.
Note: these do not leave computer codes!
But check codes anyway.. All you need is a paper clip and a little patience
and the shotimes FAQ., and the help of this list.
Good luck. We'll help.
Lee