RE: PA assembly questions

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>, <pthelander@earthlink.net>, <jnshardy@earthlink.net>, <TATERRY@aol.com>
Subject: RE: PA assembly questions
From: "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:38:00 -0500
Cc: "Metcalf, Tom" <mgtom@bright.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I got the old sleeves out of the PA gearbox now. I see no reason why I can't
use the two sleeves and insert some type of rubber/urethane into the space
and make my own.
In order to get the outer sleeve out of the bell housing I MIG tack welded a
washer inside the sleeve so I had something to hammer against. Got it out OK
but it was tight.  Other bushing came out easily as one piece but rubber is
all muck. Cleaned up the sleeves on the lathe. I now have all the sleeves
ready for new rubber/urethane installation if necessary.
I will wait to see if the UK prices and delivery are OK before proceeding. I
do want to get this job done soon!!
Bob
PA-0531
Bob Grunau
150 Pinewood Trail,
Mississauga, Ontario,
Canada, L5G-2L1
905-274-4136

This was tolerant of high temperature and impervious to petroleum oils,
and fireproof. I don't have a source but it may be possible to find
something similiar in a surplus store, it is used in high altitude aircraft
as fireproof insulation.

  Apparently, Terry Andrews is making some of the bushing up and Tom the Met
will be viewing them in the next few weeks....lets wait for his report.  I
also got a message from Mike Allison that he would do some up but I told him
about Andrews and so maybe they will get together on this.  Surprising that
no one has done these before.
  Terry