RE: PA gearbox mount rubber bushings in the clutch bell housing.

To: <MMMGservice@aol.com>, <TATERRY@aol.com>
Subject: RE: PA gearbox mount rubber bushings in the clutch bell housing.
From: "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:29:19 -0500
Cc: "MG-MMM" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Terry,
I had a tough time getting one sleeve out of the bell housing. Nothing to
get a drift on as the sleeve enters into a shouldered hole. Welding a washer
on the inside of the sleeve allowed me to hammer it out. I tried heat first
but no good as nothing to tap on till I Tack welded the washer.
The first sleeve came out easily and still had the inner sleeve held by the
rubber bush, so something to press on.

BTW, I had my flywheel off as part of the clutch operating disc schrapnel
removal problem. My PA flywheel has been lightened and  weighs about 14
pounds,  almost half a standard PA flywheel weight of about 26 pounds. In
addition the weight is taken off radially so the effective reduction in
weight is even greater as metal was removed from the outer circumference. I
have several photos if these are of interest and can email them. Bob Rich
has been very kind in offering advice on my problems and sent me a PA
flywheel lightening drawing. My flywheel is done differently. Hard to
expalin but my photos explain it .
Regards, Bob

    Hi Terry, thanks for the info: nobody tells me anything!  Will leave the
action to Terry Andrews, perhaps I can buy from him too, do you have an
E-mail?

  Mike, his email address is :  mg.terryandrews@btinternet.com

  Now, is there a trick in removing the old bushings??

  Cheers,
  Terry