Re: Chassis paint?

To: Kellmg@aol.com
Subject: Re: Chassis paint?
From: "R. Zwart" <zwart@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:26:48 -0800
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I'm not a representative or a salesman for Por 15 or any other product, BUT the times I've used Por 15 it has been excellent... I've generally sandblasted to prep also. It gives a 'satin' finish and sticks... It was used also on sanded and wire brushed surfaces. I never tried it on 'as - is' surfaces.
BOB

Kellmg@aol.com wrote:

Hi Listers,

Has anyone had experience with the paint product "Por 15"?

www.por15.com/product.asp?productid=6

www.por15.com

Basically, I'm wondering if it's worth while using this product if I'm going to sandblast the chassis. The website leads me to believe that the paint is for rusty metal coverage. The paint is expensive along with the prep materials required. What did impress me was the fact that they produce it in a semi gloss, which I prefer for the chassis. As a matter of interest, I use their product "Manifold Gray" brushable and easy to touch up. Works a treat.
I'm not interested in powder coating for the chassis so, that's not an issue. Any other products or ideas or suggestions for painting directly after sandblasting?

Brian Kelly.

/// http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
/// Archives at http://www.team.net/archive/mg-mmm
/// Send list postings to mg-mmm@autox.team.net