Re: Chassis paint?

To: <Kellmg@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chassis paint?
From: "SANDY SANDERS" <esane@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 07:08:12 -0500
Cc: "mg-tabc_yahoogroups_com" <mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
POR-15 is most remarkable product that I have ever used. I live right on the
edge of the Gulf of Mexico and sea air is everywhere. It does kill and cover
all rust except loose scale. I have a 1984 GMC van that sets outside all the
time. sometime around 1987 it developed a small pin hole just below the
sealing strip on the rear window. As I had just received a sample of POR-15 I
used my pocket knife to scrape away the loose rust. I then dipped my finger in
the POR-15 and daubed the product on the 1/8" hole and the hole was covered.
As of today the hole is still covered and no further rust is showing. The big
problem with POR-15 is that is activated by moisture and will harden in the
can if not full to the brim. I was advised to use marbles added to the can to
keep it to the upper lip. A word of warning. DO NOT LEAVE ANY por-15 AT ALL IN
THE LIP WHEN REPLACING THE LID. YOU WILL NOT GET THE LID OFF. It is extremely
durable and resists most bumps and bruises.
Sandy Sanders
Hudson Florida