Re: Handbrake cross-shaft

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Handbrake cross-shaft
From: "Andrew Fock" <awfock@optushome.com.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:00:09 +1000
Cc: "MG Pre-war" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Moss Europe's catalogue shows the original bearing and lists it as a part
number. My P type still has this bearing (missing about 3 rollers but
otherwise in good condition). I gather that the use of bronze bushes
especially with grease can lead to a sticky cross shaft. The reason that a
non roller unit was used on the other side as because of the lower loading.
Rollers do not appear to be commercially available but I believe that they
can be made from silver steel wire and then heat treated.
 How many people would be interested in a bearing? If there is sufficient
interest I will see what
I can do with my people over here. What would be considered a fair price?

Andrew