Re: Handbrake cross-shaft

To: TATERRY@aol.com, DENKLEMM@aol.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Handbrake cross-shaft
From: DSBonar@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:22:17 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Dennis,

I found a metric sealed roller bearing and hardened steel race at IBT.
Problem is ... inner race is approx. 3 thous smaller than cross shaft fixing
bolt. You have to have it (fixing bolt) turned to fit. I am using on both
sides.
A bushing would probably work just fine.

The best info. I've ever seen on this Cross Shaft Assembly topic is an
article in Octagon, Jan. 1998. Written by Geoff Taylor ... working on John
James brake assembly. It is data rich info. and includes a number of color
photos. I'll make copies if you like ... don't own a scanner.

Don B.