J type springs

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: J type springs
From: "Bill Traill" <bill@clovermachine.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:19:10 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I asked my local spring shop to make new main leaves for my J2
as the trunnion has warn them down considerably. They said no as
they didn't stock narrow material...just big Detroit iron type spring
material. Couldn't shear it, wouldn't flame cut it (warpage, heat treat
and grind edge) and didn't have enough usage for a minimum order.

I made custon fit trunnions from phospher bronze, but would rather
have new spring leaves.....Anyone know of an accommodating
shop in Northern California?

Bill Traill
J2#3343