This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4112353147904438233==
boundary="------------SgvDcUI9J4xAQ0MzJTDhVKQ1"
Content-Language: en-US
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------SgvDcUI9J4xAQ0MzJTDhVKQ1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions, guys. Looks like I have some
debugging to do.
On 9/17/2026 3:41 PM, William Atterbury via Healeys wrote:
> Hey Bob,
> Doesn't sound like the pump - 400 psi is good, but this can be
> removed/resealed in situ.
> Your clue would be that it might engage at high roadspeed but not at low.
>
> I had a solenoid that was 'weak' and behaved like yours. It
> functioned, but resistance was high and pull force was low.
> It might throw but have marginal force to open the ball valve when
> under pressure.
>
> Best way to isolate this is to check resistance or current of the
> solenoid.
>
> Good Luck!
> ------------------------------
> Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 09:13:35 -0700
> From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
> To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
> Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom
> Message-ID: <a0c0f784-b253-4e6a-aea9-e24752184cc3@comcast.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
>
> I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It doesn't engage
> reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. I think I've ruled out
> electrical issues, as the solenoid activates reliably. I checked the
> hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low per the
> shop manual (470-490), but it has worked reliably for years and had the
> same pressure after an overhaul.
>
> Q1: Any ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of
> miles?
>
> Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ?
>
> TIA,
> Bob
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation $12.75
>
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
> http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>
> Healeys@autox.team.net
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/bspidell@comcast.net
--------------SgvDcUI9J4xAQ0MzJTDhVKQ1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
</head>
<body>
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions, guys. Looks like I have
some debugging to do.<br>
<br>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 9/17/2026 3:41 PM, William Atterbury
via Healeys wrote:<br>
</div>
<blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:1793235664.961461.1789684886908@mail.yahoo.com">
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<div class="yahoo-style-wrap"
style="font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial,
sans-serif;font-size:16px;">
<div class="ydpb2e912b7yahoo-style-wrap"
style="font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial,
sans-serif;font-size:16px;">
<div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span
style="font-size: 13px;">Hey Bob,</span></div>
<div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span
style="font-size: 13px;">Doesn't sound like the pump - 400
psi is good, but this can be removed/resealed in
situ.</span></div>
<div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span
style="font-size: 13px;">Your clue would be that it might
engage at high roadspeed but not at low.</span></div>
<div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span
style="font-size: 13px;"><br>
</span></div>
<div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span
style="font-size: 13px;">I had a solenoid that was 'weak'
and behaved like yours. It functioned, but resistance was
high and pull force was low.</span></div>
<div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span
style="font-size: 13px;">It might throw but have marginal
force to open the ball valve when under pressure.</span></div>
<div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span
style="font-size: 13px;"><br>
</span></div>
<div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span
style="font-size: 13px;">Best way to isolate this is to
check resistance or current of the solenoid.</span></div>
<div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span
style="font-size: 13px;"><br>
</span></div>
<div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><span
style="font-size: 13px;">Good Luck!</span></div>
<div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">
<div>
<div dir="ltr">------------------------------<br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Date: Thu,
17 Sep 2026 09:13:35 -0700</span></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div id="ydpe4981f03yahoo_quoted_0398828782"
class="ydpe4981f03yahoo_quoted">
<div
style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial,
sans-serif;font-size:13px;">
<div>
<div dir="ltr">From: Bob Spidell <<a
href="mailto:bspidell@comcast.net" rel="nofollow"
target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">bspidell@comcast.net</a>><br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">To: Healeys <<a
href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net" rel="nofollow"
target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">healeys@autox.team.net</a>><br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom<br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">Message-ID: <<a
href="mailto:a0c0f784-b253-4e6a-aea9-e24752184cc3@comcast.net"
rel="nofollow" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">a0c0f784-b253-4e6a-aea9-e24752184cc3@comcast.net</a>><br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8;
format=flowed<br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8
O/D. It doesn't engage <br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10
attempts. I think I've ruled out <br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">electrical issues, as the solenoid
activates reliably. I checked the <br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400
PSI. I know that's low per the <br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">shop manual (470-490), but it has worked
reliably for years and had the <br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">same pressure after an overhaul.<br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">Q1: Any ideas why it has stopped engaging
after years and thousands of <br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">miles?<br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed
out in situ?<br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">TIA,<br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr">Bob<br>
</div>
<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<br>
<fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
<pre wrap=""
class="moz-quote-pre">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net">Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>
</pre>
</blockquote>
<br>
</body>
</html>
--------------SgvDcUI9J4xAQ0MzJTDhVKQ1--
--===============4112353147904438233==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
Healeys@autox.team.net
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
--===============4112353147904438233==--
|