healeys
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom
From: William Atterbury via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 22:41:26 +0000 (UTC)
Authentication-results: autox.team.net; header.b="Zvt58Khj" t=1789684890; bh=AjHNePPbOUeZ0qpuHurQ1SEgPHqujJJTYgT1TlZlSv4=; h=Date:From:To:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:From:Subject:Reply-To; b=Zvt58Khjiakp6ZJVAciOLudDrlQsC9Cu3wTbcU1PHDsRzmBEgdK0Kr9A6mynBX9sxYEKqvhKKGn8LBKJlIcZ2jKs4GVeOJhGhSUlXtb1gvxQOt1acX1YpiN/GupYL7cRp/m4CkDnZDzMH3CykPBFatFTaLh3tY/9PvO7T9BQLl2e5OiesdVN1xrIrKPjupT6D3u+Qmic8I4+85aRoXbaV8S7uA+7OwaSrcATmVw0PC+7rVFqO6Bfo1IHKkVck4cs/zPMGkJUicZaDKzWcxhRIkSbhKnctye6/YP/mFH3Udq0bZ2ex13NcjWSvaGoeIYByTWay0BiqAzFwhgP4IuCOg== t=1789684890; bh=LBqeDzKMyoSvMr1a+e8W/izfeNo5U1f3j3g3FHc0Ld6=; h=X-Sonic-MF:Date:From:To:Subject:From:Subject; b=MNWawpqnqs4a2Aa/g2wcDLE7f9wlHdC74viYg/cNZXeuZjGBoZn0qfXG/K+W7nl4sKg/1KeZFy/K+Y2uAbxHdskhnDYwTpEfKCmpYwusgpOiKX61OtSLvJpjAIfMMj5FfBGxsvmzlrN8lpzB+mAydcwO5IgtORnYwIxlRcCJAZJRf7HBro6kr+Nx5FnbA5rg1CH0qK3bVj/OR9stKOuzGWtUxiqw1BE8UsEfORA4V1Pw1F+5w/NpqkKnJN75yslq6erpm/aMMUfDnwqEjrznJ7iRkVVXZ3k4EAUUaOEtX3XsBJrIEPE+DREvzJ1SY5s/mrbFuXRGYtuN9ZGQJHfbyw== _WQ4fcsJEmge7UVCf8TLc1C19fgqt2YO.PrsmvVzsq.w0bPViy18hzf8af2WSYbQHpJSQCuwtn7Y 3chlvigGALRoZpiWSjKWhuladXmAh1zKVGTqLOQz40_uCIAg0CT0ujDEf6YwlH.P8qsPkkDOSNkv Xi2dMWsldN9NPqV1WAp_1S98K6pOww.mY2nHAdGW7.EDRtibSju23sTByfi4tgIrJAfsqhnp5k3h cJcQoFw238_CRlcPLb.UgQXYB.5HI.ugvPTZa1vpWcgdniJmjjDygW.e1OQe8HrCHAKqX6fYC9Fb flocF8b1T0sPdgJ2hrMBK1bNtzFnOf0inloLrwX71Tk_Ok36gLE2bLTkcpllPVnl15XyLaqJ0OdB egSzV9i3H9uPIlIWzrhbBEvbm9zsOsEOkOEzDDhNpk5CffDpLNO9WiAI4c72F9Zl3hiFddkeS78j vF38VuR__cDNeOJ4hO1ALWp2Um8c1jitUVxLLKmHjEz4eWdtu8T7oHsztXIEu9CWmoqu7wlMRLZx JouyWa7YRnU7xVv9yvJej2_bWHnt_4eASyXUE9xTyEx44QKqo7GK5gvc0EFV7CHVvnn0WL6F.TNT jyJV29c1uRGfjWdEunpsdHj3aUs9WGl1SH6OATw4Y4S5smF5g6boVImOk104vTgiVYJH0dPpsSau x9mLt5JHzYLS63Bm9xMqLPNWEdZmuk5wz1PjalA7ZECVYvohvhD4CAkummcYJ5Of53Z6VU6IUXE_ QrQFgzGdxnBvzWhzo.Fn0RR97Cc3Urj_fdZwpaw5Bgq2DTniQ.qsO9T1zWSNmU4pLNcFRBek1eac 9eh7CyVOgqxVzShN0eO8wUyx.Du5dK6TGyRzMiobTmKH6JrsKRuQ6PRF2sIfcBUJoqxfe2fC1hHd bmB_1fXtk7U6IK1NB2f3zJdD_vOzN5oHBLBuTXNPF8yiT4FoT.NygSGXRtwVErfri5MUzwZDRPUU _VQJC7y3MvRWAZ2iBw7i9DYe0Ls8FcU6imHQ8wjJf2oQVQSTjj6estbvwLVAMYAVMNSQ73jgEIw_ VrLv_3cnT9U4R6hBduldvXGOd6FeuSI.dbqiT03sAUUWCeJNSHA_ohpA3.sfXLhjCxG4.NRQRiVz 0xdYn4d0Dp0Xhu.O18A_crBxBNo01WFrzQZZqjfqZbMfsYZy_eX4Td80loSEDlzZ9_CQShnowm2c R_YYBd3xEjguGMl6egQrZCXJKk1F0CiG3D4pohSLCe_.yzp4KuWWWtTH1Repy.8CwQI0VjC7yjYs PTdpHTMHbxN7ffizG0DkPsR2MPolI9flopghPEN6_yKD2sgFOd7In9Rt6yG8hwYUSLuG_jy1tSLh gKohUcOI9FnQVT_nXmOHD0.iVmtINROpBauTNtzDO88zmMu5fuXS38yj0Tra2HSipBfeJu4v.0Om LqMZO15ouzJK0mcd_fiOPCvVSzR7QBx8LDtPQNDexJ.Xt8859Iap_WyRrrN68tFRD.VIT4Z4.c.k un1SLfUxB_0tblcmktGxcPpDbey2jBfEuulFzJp66cCniVxmL2.lw.FlGQb7XLU7GelF5g6sFQvv 6.hkFItRxqjdJ9gNee41SiIH_GBbdfezZ7LGsLhou7MLhURAlC0MM8rdccm7ljewWT2OxFWRkMNB csS159EmEemUGXvyNxY63wNzniL_Isrdf1sZRLwybc7ABSR5Xm69dCMPy1S7hZFFiixdg057E1Ph FmiWKk_KrGfWitbp58iwVw0ANYSRmYRT9_oLBi8sHCpd0rXeJRkjlFV4onNAmwmBV0f2.2qivmtE qJErtFwuU7EQFf7VF8J9R_S72_83HwZ3ZvT660Jc8yaym5wOD5aCqDmIfojycxSuwadOyd9kPNtV 1AUM.pldbaUEasI24iBsr9xBT3Ergn7NoEsDNFR5gzvVbFJYw.qs14aApr2MM6ak7sf5ptw1k8A6 dcKlagyBOd5P.ho890IoV0OFzib8yTwJz4KtqS3QTiy8GYY3M.ah8reHzRnO2gOHCN9Iml0vpkiF YEsnVP_hilGecBeZ10Hg.STXq3VpU1wYDEG2VQYp1BUkxlKY5TlLH_KguIiV5pAUiYmtLsw7gCc0 flgjSziT4MkpmrddkYl4wxwCteWuC..wJiZpi5YSS2jsicfo_h2lMLe3YKMbCUrDCv4wyOX.qI.5 1vJ9nMHAblNjRkCacd3qTNYpXWXqPL6kpAkY68djMiFVAd4Riz3aGWrE0tKwhBQ.I
Delivered-to: mharc@autox.team.net
Delivered-to: healeys@autox.team.net
References: <mailman.1.1789668005.22473.healeys@autox.team.net>
--===============7085073281629544176==
        boundary="----=_Part_961460_1488243878.1789684886907"

------=_Part_961460_1488243878.1789684886907
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 Hey Bob,Doesn't sound like the pump - 400 psi is good, but this can be rem=
oved/resealed in situ.Your clue would be that it might engage at high roads=
peed but not at low.
I had a solenoid that was 'weak' and behaved like yours.=C2=A0 It functione=
d, but resistance was high and pull force was low.It might throw but have m=
arginal force to open the ball valve when under pressure.
Best way to isolate this is to check resistance or current of the solenoid.
Good Luck!------------------------------
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 09:13:35 -0700From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.ne=
t>
To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom

I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It doesn't engage=20
reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. I think I've ruled out=20
electrical issues, as the solenoid activates reliably. I checked the=20
hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low per the=20
shop manual (470-490), but it has worked reliably for years and had the=20
same pressure after an overhaul.

Q1: Any ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of=20
miles?

Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ?

TIA,
Bob

 =20
------=_Part_961460_1488243878.1789684886907
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div class=3D"yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-fami=
ly:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;"><div class=
=3D"ydpb2e912b7yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helve=
tica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;"><div></div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><span style=3D"font-size: 13=
px;">Hey Bob,</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><span styl=
e=3D"font-size: 13px;">Doesn't sound like the pump - 400 psi is good, but t=
his can be removed/resealed in situ.</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setd=
ir=3D"false"><span style=3D"font-size: 13px;">Your clue would be that it mi=
ght engage at high roadspeed but not at low.</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr" d=
ata-setdir=3D"false"><span style=3D"font-size: 13px;"><br></span></div><div=
 dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><span style=3D"font-size: 13px;">I had a=
 solenoid that was 'weak' and behaved like yours.&nbsp; It functioned, but =
resistance was high and pull force was low.</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr" da=
ta-setdir=3D"false"><span style=3D"font-size: 13px;">It might throw but hav=
e marginal force to open the ball valve when under pressure.</span></div><d=
iv dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><span style=3D"font-size: 13px;"><br><=
/span></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><span style=3D"font-size=
: 13px;">Best way to isolate this is to check resistance or current of the =
solenoid.</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><span style=3D=
"font-size: 13px;"><br></span></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">=
<span style=3D"font-size: 13px;">Good Luck!</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr" da=
ta-setdir=3D"false"><div><div dir=3D"ltr">------------------------------<br=
></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size: 13px;">Date: Thu, 17 Sep =
2026 09:13:35 -0700</span></div></div></div></div><div id=3D"ydpe4981f03yah=
oo_quoted_0398828782" class=3D"ydpe4981f03yahoo_quoted"><div style=3D"font-=
family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div=
><div dir=3D"ltr">From: Bob Spidell &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comcast.=
net" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">bspidell@comcast.net</a>&gt;<br></d=
iv><div dir=3D"ltr">To: Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.ne=
t" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br></d=
iv><div dir=3D"ltr">Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom<br></div><div di=
r=3D"ltr">Message-ID: &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:a0c0f784-b253-4e6a-aea9-e247521=
84cc3@comcast.net" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">a0c0f784-b253-4e6a-ae=
a9-e24752184cc3@comcast.net</a>&gt;<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Content-Type:=
 text/plain; charset=3DUTF-8; format=3Dflowed<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br=
></div><div dir=3D"ltr">I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It =
doesn't engage <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">reliably, but does maybe 1 out of=
 10 attempts. I think I've ruled out <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">electrical =
issues, as the solenoid activates reliably. I checked the <br></div><div di=
r=3D"ltr">hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low pe=
r the <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">shop manual (470-490), but it has worked r=
eliably for years and had the <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">same pressure afte=
r an overhaul.<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Q1: Any=
 ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of <br></div><=
div dir=3D"ltr">miles?<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"=
>Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ?<br></div><div dir=
=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">TIA,<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Bob<br><=
/div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div></div>
            </div>
        </div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_961460_1488243878.1789684886907--

--===============7085073281629544176==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys 
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

Healeys@autox.team.net
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys



--===============7085073281629544176==--

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>