--===============3428820823186683097==
boundary="----=_Part_2067169_1909772737.1789930070846"
------=_Part_2067169_1909772737.1789930070846
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Mine's a BN2 so a different gearbox. But I think both the side and centre s=
hift boxes have a switch on the side that allows overdrive to be selected o=
nly in third or fourth gear. I had an intermittent problem with overdrive n=
ot pulling in, despite the servo working correctly, and adjusted correctly.=
=C2=A0 Turned out that if I moved the gear lever to the left, with overdriv=
e engaged, it dropped out. Moving the lever to the right, it re- engaged. S=
o if you haven't already, check that the switch on the gearbox makes reliab=
ly and doesn't depend on gear lever position. Mike '56 BN2.
Yahoo Mail: Search, organise, conquer=20
=20
On Sun, 20 Sept 2026 at 20:07, healeys-request@autox.team.net<healeys-req=
uest@autox.team.net> wrote: Send Healeys mailing list submissions to
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 healeys@autox.team.net
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 healeys-request@autox.team.net
You can reach the person managing the list at
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 healeys-owner@autox.team.net
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Healeys digest..."
Today's Topics:
=C2=A0 1. Re: Seeking List Wisdom (Bob Spidell)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message: 1
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2026 13:07:56 -0700
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions, guys.? Looks like I have some=20
debugging to do.
On 9/17/2026 3:41 PM, William Atterbury via Healeys wrote:
> Hey Bob,
> Doesn't sound like the pump - 400 psi is good, but this can be=20
> removed/resealed in situ.
> Your clue would be that it might engage at high roadspeed but not at low.
>
> I had a solenoid that was 'weak' and behaved like yours.? It=20
> functioned, but resistance was high and pull force was low.
> It might throw but have marginal force to open the ball valve when=20
> under pressure.
>
> Best way to isolate this is to check resistance or current of the=20
> solenoid.
>
> Good Luck!
> ------------------------------
> Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 09:13:35 -0700
> From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
> To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
> Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom
> Message-ID: <a0c0f784-b253-4e6a-aea9-e24752184cc3@comcast.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3DUTF-8; format=3Dflowed
>
> I've had an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It doesn't engage
> reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. I think I've ruled out
> electrical issues, as the solenoid activates reliably. I checked the
> hydraulic pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low per the
> shop manual (470-490), but it has worked reliably for years and had the
> same pressure after an overhaul.
>
> Q1: Any ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of
> miles?
>
> Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ?
>
> TIA,
> Bob
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation=C2=A0 $12.75
>
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archi=
ve/healeys
>
> Healeys@autox.team.net
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/bspidell=
@comcast.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20260919/af6bb364=
/attachment-0001.htm>
------------------------------
Subject: Digest Footer
_______________________________________________
Healeys mailing list
Healeys@autox.team.net
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
archives:=C2=A0 http://autox.team.net/archive
------------------------------
End of Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 111
****************************************
=20
------=_Part_2067169_1909772737.1789930070846
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Mine's a BN2 so a different gearbox. But I think both the side and centre s=
hift boxes have a switch on the side that allows overdrive to be selected o=
nly in third or fourth gear. I had an intermittent problem with overdrive n=
ot pulling in, despite the servo working correctly, and adjusted correctly.=
Turned out that if I moved the gear lever to the left, with overdriv=
e engaged, it dropped out. Moving the lever to the right, it re- engaged. S=
o if you haven't already, check that the switch on the gearbox makes reliab=
ly and doesn't depend on gear lever position. Mike '56 BN2.<br><br><div id=
=3D"ymail_android_signature"><a id=3D"ymail_android_signature_link" href=3D=
"https://mail.onelink.me/107872968?pid=3Dnativeplacement&c=3DUS_Acquisi=
tion_YMktg_315_SearchOrgConquer_EmailSignature&af_sub1=3DAcquisition&am=
p;af_sub2=3DUS_YMktg&af_sub3=3D&af_sub4=3D100002039&af_sub5=3DC=
01_Email_Static_&af_ios_store_cpp=3D0c38e4b0-a27e-40f9-a211-f4e2de32ab9=
1&af_android_url=3Dhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=3Dcom.=
yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail&listing=3Dsearch_organize_conquer">Yah=
oo Mail: Search, organise, conquer</a></div> <br> <blockquote style=3D"marg=
in: 0 0 20px 0"> <div style=3D"font-family: Roboto, sans-serif; color: #6D0=
0F6"> <div>On Sun, 20 Sept 2026 at 20:07, healeys-request@autox.team.net</d=
iv><div><healeys-request@autox.team.net> wrote:</div> </div> <div sty=
le=3D"padding: 10px 0 0 20px; margin: 10px 0 0 0; border-left: 1px solid #6=
D00F6"> <div dir=3D"ltr">Send Healeys mailing list submissions to<br></div>=
<div dir=3D"ltr"> <a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.ne=
t">healeys@autox.team.net</a><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=
=3D"ltr">To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit<br></div=
><div dir=3D"ltr"> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailm=
an/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>=
</div><div dir=3D"ltr">or, via email, send a message with subject or body '=
help' to<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"> <a href=3D"mailto:hea=
leys-request@autox.team.net">healeys-request@autox.team.net</a><br></div><d=
iv dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">You can reach the person managing=
the list at<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"> <a href=3D"mailto=
:healeys-owner@autox.team.net">healeys-owner@autox.team.net</a><br></div><d=
iv dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">When replying, please edit your S=
ubject line so it is more specific<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">than "Re: Cont=
ents of Healeys digest..."<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"=
ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Today's Topics:<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><=
br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"> 1. Re: Seeking List Wisdom (Bob Spidell)<=
br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"=
ltr">----------------------------------------------------------------------=
<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Message: 1<br></div><=
div dir=3D"ltr">Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2026 13:07:56 -0700<br></div><div dir=3D"=
ltr">From: Bob Spidell <<a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comcast.net">bspidell=
@comcast.net</a>><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">To: <a href=3D"mailto:healey=
s@autox.team.net">healeys@autox.team.net</a><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Subj=
ect: Re: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Message-ID=
: <<a href=3D"mailto:6cf66ea0-cbeb-4360-8df0-483b5dcecf36@comcast.net">6=
cf66ea0-cbeb-4360-8df0-483b5dcecf36@comcast.net</a>><br></div><div dir=
=3D"ltr">Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"; Format=3D"flowed"<br>=
</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Thanks for all the helpfu=
l suggestions, guys.? Looks like I have some <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">deb=
ugging to do.<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">On 9/17/=
2026 3:41 PM, William Atterbury via Healeys wrote:<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr=
">> Hey Bob,<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> Doesn't sound like the pump =
- 400 psi is good, but this can be <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> removed/=
resealed in situ.<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> Your clue would be that it=
might engage at high roadspeed but not at low.<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">&=
gt;<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> I had a solenoid that was 'weak' and beh=
aved like yours.? It <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> functioned, but resist=
ance was high and pull force was low.<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> It mig=
ht throw but have marginal force to open the ball valve when <br></div><div=
dir=3D"ltr">> under pressure.<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">><br></div><=
div dir=3D"ltr">> Best way to isolate this is to check resistance or cur=
rent of the <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> solenoid.<br></div><div dir=3D"=
ltr">><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> Good Luck!<br></div><div dir=3D"lt=
r">> ------------------------------<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> Date:=
Thu, 17 Sep 2026 09:13:35 -0700<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> From: Bob S=
pidell <<a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comcast.net">bspidell@comcast.net</a>=
><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> To: Healeys <<a href=3D"mailto:heale=
ys@autox.team.net">healeys@autox.team.net</a>><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"=
>> Subject: [Healeys] Seeking List Wisdom<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">>=
Message-ID: <<a href=3D"mailto:a0c0f784-b253-4e6a-aea9-e24752184cc3@com=
cast.net">a0c0f784-b253-4e6a-aea9-e24752184cc3@comcast.net</a>><br></div=
><div dir=3D"ltr">> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3DUTF-8; format=3D=
flowed<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> I've h=
ad an intermittent issue with my BJ8 O/D. It doesn't engage<br></div><div d=
ir=3D"ltr">> reliably, but does maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. I think I've=
ruled out<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> electrical issues, as the solenoi=
d activates reliably. I checked the<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> hydrauli=
c pressure, it's just under 400 PSI. I know that's low per the<br></div><di=
v dir=3D"ltr">> shop manual (470-490), but it has worked reliably for ye=
ars and had the<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> same pressure after an overh=
aul.<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> Q1: Any =
ideas why it has stopped engaging after years and thousands of<br></div><di=
v dir=3D"ltr">> miles?<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">><br></div><div dir=
=3D"ltr">> Q2: If it's the pump, can these be changed out in situ?<br></=
div><div dir=3D"ltr">><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> TIA,<br></div><div=
dir=3D"ltr">> Bob<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">><br></div><div dir=3D"l=
tr">><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> ___________________________________=
____________<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> Support Team.Nethttp://www.team=
.net/donate.html<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> Suggested annual donation&n=
bsp; $12.75<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> A=
rchive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys <a href=3D"http://autox.team.n=
et/archive/healeys">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br></div><div=
dir=3D"ltr">><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> <a href=3D"mailto:Healeys@=
autox.team.net">Healeys@autox.team.net</a><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">> <=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">><br></div><=
div dir=3D"ltr">> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/optio=
ns/healeys/bspidell@comcast.net<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">-------------- ne=
xt part --------------<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">An HTML attachment was scr=
ubbed...<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">URL: <<a href=3D"http://autox.team.ne=
t/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20260919/af6bb364/attachment-0001.htm">http=
://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20260919/af6bb364/attachmen=
t-0001.htm</a>><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">---=
---------------------------<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D=
"ltr">Subject: Digest Footer<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=
=3D"ltr">_______________________________________________<br></div><div dir=
=3D"ltr">Healeys mailing list<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><a href=3D"mailto:H=
ealeys@autox.team.net">Healeys@autox.team.net</a><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"=
><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><di=
v dir=3D"ltr">archives: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive</a><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=
=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">------------=
------------------<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">End=
of Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 111<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">***********=
*****************************<br></div> </div> </blockquote>
------=_Part_2067169_1909772737.1789930070846--
--===============3428820823186683097==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
Healeys@autox.team.net
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
--===============3428820823186683097==--
|