Re: Early Seven Frame Number Detail

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Early Seven Frame Number Detail
From: Keith Gustafson <gusmach@shore.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 11:41:36 -0400
Your seller is incorrect, as you have been advised. His insistence on this
point would have me worried. There is nothing wrong with a replacement
frame, so he should fess up, perhaps it was a DPO who did the switch.

Here's a different tack. Original details. Who out there can think of some
original details that wouldn't be on a later car? Red lamiplate comes to
mind[cockpit sides, dash] Original gauges[non smiths]fuel filler in trunk,
the construction of the tranny tunnel is different on some cars. My caterham
supplied sheet metal has a rigid inverted "u" riveted to the frame at the
front of the tunnel, forward of the shifter. The original had a piece of
formed alloy that slid up into that spot, no rivets, as are some other cars
i have seen.
Anything else?