Re: Early Seven Frame Number Detail

To: "Mark V. Mellinger" <geckopsych@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Early Seven Frame Number Detail
From: RB <rodbean@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 05:36:33 -0700
Wait a minute here.  A chassis and a frame are generally considered the same
thing.  A *rolling* chassis is the chassis (frame) with everything there
except the drivetrain (the engine and transmission).  It the case of Sevens,
there is no separate body (unless you want to consider the hood (bonnet) and
fenders (wings) the sum total of the "body") so I'd say the body, chassis and
frame are all the same thing.

You're talking about a stamped frame number (put on there when it was a bare
chassis... or frame) conflicting (or not) with a chassis *plate* number
perhaps referring to the whole car.  Very confusing.

Rod Bean
(Seven owner a long time ago)