Early Seven Frame Number Detail

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: Early Seven Frame Number Detail
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 05:43:08 -0700 (PDT)
Hello.

would anyone with a late S1 or Early S2 please
describe to me the exact placement and appearance of
the FRAME number?

I'm looking at a Seven that's presented as a '62 early
S2. Its VIN plate is hand scribed "B1135" but I'm
having trouble making sense of the Chassis number,
which seems to appear on a small (1x1.5 inch) plates
welded to the top of the frame rail in front of the
passenger (left in this case) seat.

John Watson of the Seven registry tells me that the
number I can make out on this plate "135" is not even
close to what his build sheet for 1135 says it should
be!

If anyone has a clue, or could confirm how a typical
FRAME number should appear, I'd greatly appreciate it!

regards,
John Donohoe

http://invites.yahoo.com/