Re: So what IS going to happen to the Miata in 2003?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: So what IS going to happen to the Miata in 2003?
From: J C <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:44:01 -0700 (PDT)
--- james creasy <Black94PGT@pacbell.net> wrote:
<snip>
> there was talk of having driver control of the brake
> at EACH corner.  could one learn to drive faster
> with individual brake control?  i bet they could.
>
> -james c

I thought that was a feature which was actually on the
prototype RX-8 but obviously not put into production.
I doubt a feature like that would ever be released on
a production vehicle as it would be extraordinarily
dangerous. My housemate came home whining one night
that she needed a new car because her brakes didn't
work (they wouldn't grab and the pedal vibrated). Her
ABS kicked in while she was speeding during a
rainstorm and hit a puddle which caused her car to
hydroplane. Her car hydroplaned because she was going
too fast for the conditions and because her tires were
bald. Her tires were bald because she's NEVER put air
in her tires (I checked them and they were at 23 PSI
WARM). Imagine what would happen if she was given a
car where the braking system was more complicated than
just stepping on one pedal? SCARY <eek>!!!

Joe
http://taxes.yahoo.com/