Re: MSD

To: mjb@cs.utah.edu, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MSD
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:43:23 EDT
In a message dated 13/07/01 12:40:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mjb@cs.utah.edu writes:

> Personally, I have a Crane HI-6 on the Killer Spit, which let's you just turn
> the little dials to provide 100 rpm increments of redline, no need to swap
> bits like some MSD models.

Yeah, but there isn't any need to switch chips once you have the engine
broken in. You really just need a 'break-in' chip at lower rpm, and a regular
race chip.

And it is so much fun to innocently switch the chip on your buddy before he
goes out to practice! Comes in swearing at the engine, wondering what is
going on, figures it out by my big grin, chases me around the pits with big
wrench......

Bill Spohn