Re: MSD

To: lwdent@fwi.com, gmapes@ball.com
Subject: Re: MSD
From: KLynch7589@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:22:02 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/01 6:39:29 PM Mountain Daylight Time, lwdent@fwi.com
writes:

<< That is pure bull shit!!!!!

 In a vintage motor, properly prepared to turn vintage RPMs (less than
 7,500) any electonic ignation will NOT give any H.P. increase over
 standard ign of points, cond and coil, period.

 It will decrease reliability, increase cost and increase complexity, period.

 Prove the claims!!!!!

  You CAN'T.

 Larry Dent >>
Larry, Have heard both sides of that HP debate but will take exception with
your assertion of less reliability. Running an MSD with a rev limiter IS
reliability & worth every penny the extra cost. It's the only insurance one
has in a missed shift etc.
I'll take the increase in complexity any day. Better watch that vein in your
head
when you get this excited Larry, it could decrease your reliability,increase
your complexity & I.C.U 's are definately a costly  thing and that's no
bullshit partner!                                    Regards, Kev Lynch